Trade Plates are issued to Motor Traders in order to use un-taxed/un-registered vehicles on the road in limited circumstances.
When applying for Trade plates, the following information will be required:
- Your Motor Trader identity Number (Garage Code issued by Dept. of Transport)
- Your VAT Number (if registered for vat, otherwise P.P.S.N. no. must be used)
- Motor Trader premises Rateable Valuation OR Date of granted Planning Permission
- Motor Trader Insurance details
Trade Plates should be applied for with Trade Licence Application Form RF700.
For Motor Cycles ONE SET of Trade Plates consists of ONE plate.
All Other Vehicles must display TWO plates, one front and one rear.
Trade Plate prices for 2015 are as follows:
|Category of Vehicle||Initial Trade||Replacement Trade|
|Motor Cycle only||€59 (1 plate)||€38 (1 plate)|
|All other vehicles||€353 (2 plates)||€86 (2 plates)|
GUIDE FOR MOTOR TRADERS TRADE LICENCE / PLATE SYSTEM CAN BE OBTAINED BELOW
- Regulations for use of Trade Plates (PDF Document, 562 KB)