Trade Plates are basically Dealer Plates issued to Motor Traders in order to transport vehicles on the road which may not yet have been registered or taxed.
In order to qualify for Trade Plates you must adhere to the following:
- You must be a registered Garage
- You must be paying Commercial rates on a premises or have a current planning application in relation to the intended premises
Trade Plates should be applied for with Trade Licence Application Form RF700.
When applying for Trade plates, the following information will be required:
- Your Motor Dealer identity Number (Registered Garage No.)
- Your VAT Number (if registered for vat, otherwise P.P.S.N. no. must be used)
- Permises Rateable Valuation OR A current Planning Application Number
- Motor Trader Insurance details
For Motor Cycles ONE SET of Trade Plates consists of ONE plate.
For All Other Vehicles ONE SET of Trade Plates consists of TWO plates. (One for the front and one for the rear of the vehicle.)
Trade Plate prices are as follows:
|Category of Vehicle||Initial Trade||Replacement Trade|
|Motor Cycle only||€55 (single plate)||€35 (single plate)|
|All other vehicles||€328 (pair of plates)||€80 (pair of plates)|
REGULATIONS FOR USE OF TRADE PLATES CAN BE OBTAINED BELOW
- Regulations for use of Trade Plates (Word Document, 59 KB)