Notice to Landlords in the Private Rented Sector
Rental Accommodation Scheme (RAS)
Wexford County Council is currently offering RAS to landlords with RAS eligible tenants, i.e. 18 months plus on rent supplement and in need of long term housing.
RAS provides landlords with guaranteed rental income and security of tenancy and payment of rent for specific periods. RAS offers tenants security of tenure in good quality accommodation at reasonable rent and allows them to increase their income without loss of rent supplement.
Landlords must comply with the following when letting property:
1. Accommodation to be of good quality,
2. Compliance with the Housing (Standards for Rented Houses) Regulations, 2008,
3. Have Fire, Gas and ESB installation / maintenance certification as appropriate,
4. Have a Building Energy Rating (BER) certificate,
5. Have the tenancy registered with the Private Rented Tenancies Board,
6. Provide a rent book to tenants.
To have a property included in RAS the following are also needed:
1. Accommodation fully furnished,
2. Tax clearance certification,
3. Bank account details to facilitate rent payment,
4. Email account address.
5. Have the House adequately insured.
For further information and terms and conditions on RAS please see our website at www.wexford.ie., contact the RAS Unit at Wexford County Council, County Hall, Wexford on 0539176472 / 9176635 or email us at email@example.com.