Area Housing Officers
Confidential Advice Service
If you would like to discuss your housing options, please make an appointment with your Area Housing Officer.
|Area||Contact||Office No.||Mobile No.|
|Wexford||Aisling Doyle||(053) 9196462||(087) 6381466|
|Enniscorthy||Joan Murphy||(053) 9232328||(087) 8391417|
|New Ross||Mary Dunphy||053-9196700||(087) 8196095|
|Gorey||Fiona Brennan||(053) 9483811||(087) 8391419|
The Area Housing Officers promote greater participation by occupiers of the 93 Local Authority housing estates in the County in the management and maintenance of their own estates. The Council encourages wider local participation and commitment to tenant participation, through training and capacity building.
The Council grant-aided residents groups in order to encourage their work in such areas as committee skills, training and budgeting. Also facilitated was the purchase of machinery and equipment for maintenance and improvement of amenity areas, general estate development including the construction of boundary walls, planting of trees and shrubs and the painting of houses.
Tenant Participation Initiatives
The Area Housing Officers promote participation through the following initiatives:
- Residents Associations: putting in place structures that allow community decision making to develop. 80 residents associations County-wide in 2002.
- Presence: visiting estates and attending residents association meetings on a regular basis.
- Assistance: facilitating groups to seek assistance from other government, non-government and voluntary bodies.
- Housing Services: co-ordinating and monitoring the delivery of all Housing Section services, and liasing with other sections in relation to the delivery of their services.
- Training: organising and facilitating pre-tenancy training courses for prospective tenants.
- Forum: establishing a County-wide Residents Forum.
- Handbook: preparing a tenants handbook.
- Anti-Social Behaviour: taking serious and proactive action against anti-social behaviour.
Further details available from:
Wexford County Council
Tel. (053) 9196274 (Reception)