- Free electrical recycling days 2013 (PDF Document, 600 KB)
WEEE Regulations and Retailers
The WASTE MANAGEMENT (WASTE ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONIC EQUIPMENT) REGULATIONS 2005 (SI 340 of 2005) came into effect on July 5th 2005.
This legislation, affects retailers and producers who manufacture, import or sell any electrical or electronic equipment (EEE), in general that is equipment which requires either batteries or electricity to operate.
Wexford County Council is responsible for the registration of the retailers who operate within County Wexford.
Retailer Obligations from 13 August 2005,
Under the regulations each retailer who sells or otherwise distributes EEE must:
- be registered with their local authority (current registration fee €20);
- provide for free in-store take back of household WEEE on a one-for-one basis on the sale of a new like product;
- ensure that any WEEE collected is delivered to an approved collection facility;
- ensure that the storage and transport of WEEE collected as above meets the requirements of the Regulations; and
- ensure that private households are informed of the WEEE take back facilities available to them and that they are encouraged to participate in the separate collection of WEEE.
For further details please read the following leaflet
- WEEE and the Retailer Final –July 2005 (PDF Document, 194 kbs)
Application form for registration.
- Retailer WEEE registration form (PDF Document, 54 kbs)
- Retailer WEEE registration form (Word Document, 72 kbs)
For further details please contact 053 9196313