Community Facilities Capital Scheme Grants 2017
Call for Funding Submissions under the Community Facilities Capital Scheme 2017
Wexford County Council in conjunction with Wexford Local Community Development Committee (LCDC) on behalf of the Department of Housing, Planning, Community and Local Government is inviting applications under the ‘Community Facilities Capital Scheme 2017’. The aim of the Scheme is to enhance communities, address disadvantage and improve social cohesion at a local level by providing access to small-scale capital grants.
What level of funding is available?
€2m has been provided nationally, with an allocation of €64,500 to each local authority.
- The Scheme will offer grants up to a maximum of € 1,000 per project.
- In certain cases, the LCDC may use its discretion to exceed the maximum limit where it believes the project requires the additional funding to be delivered successfully. Match funding is not a requirement for approval.
Who is eligible to apply?
The following will be considered eligible for the scheme:
- Locally based community and voluntary groups
- Projects with a clearly defined community and social cohesion focus;
- Not-for-profit organisations;
- Eligible facilities will include community centres, youth clubs, sports/recreation facilities, other not-for-profit organisations facilities.
What will be funded?
Projects or elements of projects of a capital nature may be funded, for example, office equipment, project resources, research facilities, energy efficiency equipment, etc. for voluntary groups.
Examples below - not exhaustive:
- Development/renovation of community centres
- Community amenities
- Youth clubs
- Sports/recreation facilities
- Improvements to town parks and common areas and spaces
- Creative Ireland Programme 2017-2022 projects
Projects which are complementary to the County Wexford Local Economic and Community Plan 2016 – 2021 and which relate to at least one of the key target groups and thematic areas listed in Section 3 of the application form will receive priority.
How to apply
An Application Form and a Scheme Guidelines Document are available for download by clicking here and here. These documents can also be requested by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or from Mark Hawe at 053-919 6611 or Michael Sweeney at 053-919 6559.
Completed application forms should be returned to the following address;
Wexford LCDC, C/o Community Development Section, Wexford County Council, Carricklawn, Wexford Town, Y35 WY93.
Deadline for receipt of completed applications is Friday 30th June 2017 at 5.00pm. (All projects must be delivered in 2017).
Late applications will NOT be accepted.