Artists are valued members of our community. They act as communicators and interpreters of eternal questions of social and personal consciousness, while adding value to a community in their work as creators, mentors and educators.
The Arts Department engages and collaborates with artists in a number of different ways:
- Through projects that are programmed throughout the year e.g. youth arts, art in the classroom, arts and health, arts in the community.
- Through providing professional development supports via bursaries, mentoring and networking opportunities to artists via Artlinks (www.artlinks.ie)
- Through managing or supporting conferences / seminars when practical.
- Through investing in the Emerging Visual Art Award.
- Through advocating models of best practice when engaging and collaborating with artists e.g. in contract agreements, commission agreements, copyright, selection process.
- Through investment in Coracle – a three year Interreg Project