About the Arts Department
Our aim is to improve the quality of life for the citizens of County Wexford by enabling people to engage in high quality arts experiences and by stimulating and supporting standards of excellence among artists in their practice.
This aim is achieved through a number of strategic objectives:
- Empowering artists, arts organisations and communities to contribute to the artistic fibre of County Wexford and beyond.
- Providing opportunities for people to engage in high quality arts experiences thereby enhancing audience development
- Stimulating and supporting standards of excellence in the arts in County Wexford.
- Developing partnerships, policies and programmes which ensure the development of and investment in the arts remains prevalent in County Wexford.
Wexford County Council takes pride in its committed investment to the arts. This commitment was further endorsed during 2011, when Wexford County Council adopted the Arts Strategy 2011 – 2015. Click here to access strategy.
This Arts Strategy is designed to build upon past successes which will be interwoven in the following art contexts identified for development.
- Arts and Our Young People
- Arts & Health / Arts & Disability
- Arts and the Community
- Arts in the Public Arena
- Advice and Advocacy